Element focus commands show up in my script during recording

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

Element focus commands show up in my script during recording

Postby Dantet » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Element focus commands show up in my script during recording? Why?
Dantet

Re: Element focus commands show up in my script during recor

Postby eValid » Wed May 08, 2013 3:15 pm

Good question....

eValid senses when underlying JavaScript forces a "focus" event into an element and when it senses that the assumption is that the element will have to be "in focus" (highlighted) at playback time.

So eValid records the contents of the visible text of the element, for later use in case the element move around the page and Adaptive Playback will need to have the text above the to-be-put-in-focus element to find where it currently is, if it moved.

That's why you see the text of the element...often in confusing jumble of HTML...right there in the script.

If the page structure is constant, at test playback time eValid will confirm that the visible text matches and then bring that particular element into focus.

Fair warning: In some cases the element focus is something of overkill and sometimes the element focus causes a test to fail even when it should not. For example, if the visble text has changed and/or is NOT on the page the Adaptive Playback won't find it, and will declare a FAIL state. Even when the test otherwises PASSes.

It may be that you will decide to comment out that command if it gets in the way and you're confident of the PASS without it.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons