Special methods

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

Special methods

Postby CEvans » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Good afternoon:

I like the way eValid is works, but tell me, is there some special method(s) you use to bind eValid to the page DOM?

Thanks
CEvans

Re: Special methods

Postby eValid » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:47 am

CEvans wrote:Good afternoon:

I like the way eValid is works, but tell me, is there some special method(s) you use to bind eValid to the page DOM?

Thanks

Thanks for asking CEvens.

Good question. The answer is quite complex, but here are the main points.

The construction method for eValid is based on standard Microsoft visualStudio processes.

eValid uses the IHTMLDocument4+ class library to drive the browser, in almost all cases.

There are some eValid commands that employ a separate process to measure time, calculate download sizes, and wait for events to occur (such as DOM-based synchronization).

The actual resulting eValid browser -- the executable you use when you are running eValid -- relies for its browsing on the libraries that are provided in the IE browser that is installed in your machine.

Even so, the eValid browser does NOT include some of the error-processing (error-catching) capabilities of IE. For example, eValid does not detect and pass over JavaScript errors but instead (and we believe rightly so, for a test instrument) flags them in the playback log.

Hope this helps...

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons