Can eValid save a part of my screen

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

Can eValid save a part of my screen

Postby StanleyG » Fri May 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Hiya.

First time poster here.

In my work I need to compare just a part of a screen between "old" and "new" content.

Does eValid have any way to save a part of a screen?

Thanks in advance.
StanleyG

Re: Can eValid save a part of my screen

Postby eValid » Mon May 05, 2014 10:27 am

StanleyG wrote:Hiya.

First time poster here.

In my work I need to compare just a part of a screen between "old" and "new" content.

Does eValid have any way to save a part of a screen?

Thanks in advance.

Hey StanleyG, hope you had a great weekend!

Actually, eValid has several ways to do this kind of validation. The very crude way is to use full-screen (full desktop) capture, but the disadvantage is that this method may involve having to delete a lot of clutter from the images before comparing them.

The better way is to use images captured JUST from the content of the browser face, or from a a part of it.

The eValid command, clSaveScreenRect, will let you pick a section of a screen of a given width and height, with a specified x- and y- offset from the client window. This saves the data that shows on the INSIDE the browser window.

The companion eValid command, SaveScreenRect, includes the browser screen border and everything that adorns it.

Both of these commands have equivalent validation versions, which will autoamatically read a saved image and tell you if it matches or not.

Here is the reference to these commands:

http://www.e-Valid.com/Products/Documen ... ScreenRect

You can do either of these commands from ANY window (parent or child) window in your browser session.

All of this having been said, even using the subset of the current window (which you specify width, height, x-offset and y-offset, this is not as effective as doing a synchronization/validation based on content of the Document Oject Model (DOM) using an eValid command like this one:

http://www.e-Valid.com/Products/Documen ... n.dom.html

-eValid Support
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons