How many tests can eValid run at the same time?

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

How many tests can eValid run at the same time?

Postby RebeccaR » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:28 pm

Afternoon.

Is it possible to run more than one test at a time with eValid? I recently got this test working with webdriver and it's interacting with my web app, but it only run one user at once.

I need it to be able to run as as many users as possible at once.

Can this be done somehow and if so, whats is involved?

TY
RebeccaR

Re: How many tests can eValid run at the same time?

Postby eValid » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:40 am

RebeccaR wrote:Afternoon.

Is it possible to run more than one test at a time with eValid? I recently got this test working with webdriver and it's interacting with my web app, but it only run one user at once.

I need it to be able to run as as many users as possible at once.

Can this be done somehow and if so, whats is involved?

TY

Thanks for posting RebeccaR.

Yes, this is certainly possible.

Remember: eValid is a windows application that is a clone of the IE browser that is co-installed on your machine.

For purposes of running multiple instances of eValid on one machine, we provide the THIN browser, described here:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... kthin.html

This behaves identically to the regular eValid browser -- it emulates the IE browser perfectly because both the THIN and regular browser are based on the same IE DLLs that IE uses.

With the THIN version we regularly run 100's of sessions in parallel on a single user account.

To do this does require modifying some operating system machine-specific parameters, as described here:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... chine.html

If you can use multiple user accounts you can get about 100 "browser users," or BUs (that is, one browser acting like one independent user) per user account, and with 10 user accounts you get 1,000 BUs.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons