eValid scripts can't call themselves ... why please

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

eValid scripts can't call themselves ... why please

Postby MZaslow » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:12 pm

Afternoon.

I've glanced at the eValid documentation and like to ask the following:

Why can't eValid scripts call themselves?

Is that limitation tied up with the curious eValid command that I seen in your documentation?

I like some more details before I dig further into the product.

Thanks
MZaslow

Re: eValid scripts can't call themselves ... why please

Postby eValid » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:31 pm

MZaslow wrote:Afternoon.

I've glanced at the eValid documentation and like to ask the following:

Why can't eValid scripts call themselves?

Is that limitation tied up with the curious eValid command that I seen in your documentation?

I like some more details before I dig further into the product.

Thanks

Thanks for asking.

Very good questions MZaslow.

We engineered in the limitation that the target of a CallSript command cannot be the same name as the script that was doing the calling, because we didn't want to add to the complexity of the playback engine by supporting recursion.

The eValid command, which is used primarily in LoadTest runs, invokes an entirely NEW instance of evalid.

The notation is meant to imply "under eValid" in the sense that the new invocation is running "under" control of the parent eValid system.

Here are some summary comments about eValid LoadTest runs

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... mmary.html

After each instance of multiple instances of eValid copies running playback scripts is in place and running, there is a communication link back to the top copy of eValid that reports basic playback elapsed times for display in the Performance Chart.

Such scripts are also subject to the usual limits described above...recursion invocation is not allowed.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons