Can eValid help me overcome what selenium can't do

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

Can eValid help me overcome what selenium can't do

Postby BMaffei » Fri May 27, 2016 2:15 pm

Afternoon.

I'm getting killed in my selenium testing 'cause they tell me I've gotta only testing the same domain as the page is served from, or something like that.

Does eValid have this problem.

Thanks
BMaffei

Re: Can eValid help me overcome what selenium can't do

Postby eValid » Mon May 30, 2016 11:02 am

BMaffei wrote:Afternoon.

I'm getting killed in my selenium testing 'cause they tell me I've gotta only testing the same domain as the page is served from, or something like that.

Does eValid have this problem.

Thanks

Thanks for asking BMaffei, a good question.

This is a common problem with Selenium and several other types of web applications systems that are not built as a "test enabled browser" as eValid is.

Here is the issue: Same-origin policy.

Here's the Wikipedia page on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-origin_policy

This is an important constraint, and one that contributes a great deal to web browser security.

eValid is engineered to be a browser, does not have this problem because it does not rely on delivery of an JavaSript from your parent domain, and thus does not need to specifically respect the same origin policy.

Which does NOT give you any special power that you can use to mount an attack on a website.

From the server's perspective, eValid is just another browser.

By the way, did you know that you can tell eValid to pretend to be ANY browser (the default is IE on the same-machine installed IE version, to to IE 11).

Here is how to adjust the user agent string to do this neat and valuable trick:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... ation.html

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons