Can eValid be used to validate a webpage pie chart

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

Can eValid be used to validate a webpage pie chart

Postby BernieK » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Afternoon.

I have this webpage with a computer generated pie chart that shows a percentage value of task completion.

How would you validate that using eValid?

I have looked around the web for a solution, I hope you can give me a solution.

Thanks
BernieK

Re: Can eValid be used to validate a webpage pie chart

Postby eValid » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:31 pm

BernieK wrote:Afternoon.

I have this webpage with a computer generated pie chart that shows a percentage value of task completion.

How would you validate that using eValid?

I have looked around the web for a solution, I hope you can give me a solution.

Thanks

This is a very good question and one that comes up often.

Thanks for posting BernieK.

There is a distinction between validating what is one the web page (that is, on the web page source) with validating what you see on the screen.

eValid actually can do both kinds of validation, content of the DOM that underlies the image you see, and a screen-scrape or image capture from the display.

Here is a summary of the GUI-accessible validation modes that work on the underlying DOM:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... ation.html

And, here is a corresponding page that deals with the issues of screen capture:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... creen.html

99.9% of the time the need for validation is met by one or the other of these mechanisms.

The last part of your question, "...has developed the right answer," is much more difficult.

You have to know what the "right answer" is and you have to know some indicator that can be checked to confirm that what is on you pie chart is -- or isn't-- the right value.

The difficulty is that some rendering engines may produce slightly different images that mechanically will show a FAILed validation, but in fact are OK.

That's just one of the realities of web application testing.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons