Can I get 50+ eValid browsers active w/o having to see them

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

Can I get 50+ eValid browsers active w/o having to see them

Postby MichaelA » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:10 pm

Afternoon.

I got a question I hope you can give me some insight on:

Can eValid run "headless"?

I mean, I want to run 50+ eValids browsers all at once but not have them take ups screen/desktop space.

Can you do this?

Thanks

MikeA
MichaelA

Re: Can I get 50+ eValid browsers active w/o having to see t

Postby eValid » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:37 pm

MichaelA wrote:Afternoon.

I got a question I hope you can give me some insight on:

Can eValid run "headless"?

I mean, I want to run 50+ eValids browsers all at once but not have them take ups screen/desktop space.

Can you do this?

Thanks

MikeA

Thanks for asking MikeA.

No, eValid can't run "headless" because the eValid browser has to have access to the underlying browser DLLs to actually render pages.

But we have something that is very close: You can run eValid with each browser instance entirely minimized.

This means that you still see an instance of the eValid browser on the toolbar but you don't see anything on the screen.

If you minimize the browser instance from the script using the command, where "wid" is the window ID of the eValid window you want to run minimized: Minimize wid this is what happens.

If your script has to run a command that requires the desktop (e.g. in Application Mode), then eValid will un-minimize the window for you automatically.

The other way you can do this is to open the eValid browser using the command line, and adding this switch: ...(other switches) -Minimize

Here is the documentation on the command line:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... rface.html

As always, write or call if you have questions.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons