What can I do when frame names & frame numbers fail to work

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

What can I do when frame names & frame numbers fail to work

Postby JNewman » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:15 pm

Afternoon:

Great product and good documentation, but in the crazy webpage I'm testing the frame names seem to change from run to run and so when I switch to frame numbers (order of arrival) they seem to vary also, from test to test.

Any suggestions
JNewman

Re: What can I do when frame names & frame numbers fail to w

Postby eValid » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:50 pm

JNewman wrote:Afternoon:

Great product and good documentation, but in the crazy webpage I'm testing the frame names seem to change from run to run and so when I switch to frame numbers (order of arrival) they seem to vary also, from test to test.

Any suggestions

Thanks for asking JNewman.

Sounds like a tough playback synchronization problem.

First, look at the available commands:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... mmary.html

Couple of thoughts...

(1) We can imagine how you could get different arrival times for parts of pages, and thus have stuff wind up in different frame sequence numbers.

If the base page loads something that in turns loads something else, and two or more different servers are involved, not all of the material may arrive at the same time.

Hence there could be some material that arrives later than other material and that could cause a randomness.

(2) If frame numbers don't work, then frame names ought to be constant. Sync on something with the named frame. If the names of the frames are not constant then you're reduced to the try-multiple-pages approach...

(3) If the frame numbers are not consistent (irregular arrival times) and the frame names are not consistent (dynamic generation of material), the only remaining "fixed point" is going to be based on the structure of the pages involved.

Here you rely on where things are located relative to something that the location of which is known to be constant.

(4) Maybe the test itself is too fast (compared with human input) and that's causing the apparently randomness.

There's no way to know this without experimenting and/or single-stepping through the test playback.

In this case take a look at:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... guide.html

Hope this is helpful.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons