eValid error processing for DOM commands

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

eValid error processing for DOM commands

Postby BobBass » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:14 am

Morning.

What can you tell me about error processing for DOM manipulation commands in eValid?

If you can steer me to some eValid documentation, that would be great!

Thanks
BobBass

Re: eValid error processing for DOM commands

Postby eValid » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:33 am

BobBass wrote:Morning.

What can you tell me about error processing for DOM manipulation commands in eValid?

If you can steer me to some eValid documentation, that would be great!

Thanks

Good question, happy to explain BobBass.

For starters, please review the DOM manipulation commands:

e-valid.com/Products/Documentation.9/DOM/resources.html

The commands of particular interest are those that act on an element (category 5) and manipulating a particular element (category 6).

In all of these commands there is a standard assumption that the sourceIndex you are working on has all of the properties/attributes that you will be acting on.

Given that the command is issued relative to well-known property names then the only kind of error that eValid will give you is if the actual element of the page does not exist.

Here, to be clear, the assumption is that you have a stable page and/or that you have synchronized the page in some way (see category 7).

In fact, it makes good sense to FIRST synchronize on some property of the particular element in question BEFORE taking actions on it.

However, in all fairness, if you are looking for sophisticated error messages here then, apologies, eValid does not have that.

The philosophy is that eValid should operate as instructed, object only if it failed to find something (like the element does not exist), and otherwise to just be quiet.

Hope this helps you out.

Please contact us if you like further assistance.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons