Will an eValid test invoke and command shell succeed

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

Will an eValid test invoke and command shell succeed

Postby PamelaF » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Hello.

I have a scenario where clicking on a link invokes a command shell, where I have to execute few commands.

Is there any way can we accomplish this using eValid?

Thanks
PamelaF

Re: Will an eValid test invoke and command shell succeed

Postby eValid » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:51 pm

PamelaF wrote:Hello.

I have a scenario where clicking on a link invokes a command shell, where I have to execute few commands.

Is there any way can we accomplish this using eValid?

Thanks

Thanks for posting PamelaF.

The question you are really asking is, "What is the interface between an eValid script playback activity and the [Windows] environment in which the test enabled browser executes?"

The main answer is, that if you know the element number at which the command shell is executed then eValid will invoke the command directly, as it is encoded in your environment.

Please see this example for how this can be done:

http://e-valid.com/Products/Documentati ... ple12.html

The other answer is that if you know the name of the command (command wrapper) then you can invoke it directly using the built-in command execution interface, for which the command syntax is:

CallScript "[PATH]script-name" ["Data-Substitution-Pair [, Data-Substitution-Pair] "]

where PATH is the fully elaborated file path name on your Windows machine, and each Data-Substitution-Pair is a string like this:

NAME="value of string"

Hope this helps out. Call or write if you need more help.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons