How the Browser State Dependence is important in eValid

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

How the Browser State Dependence is important in eValid

Postby DRoberts » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:39 am

Hi.

Can you please explain to me why is Browser State Dependence Important in eValid?

Be as descriptive as possible so I can understand all the terminology.

Thanks in advance.
DRoberts

Re: How the Browser State Dependence is important in eValid

Postby eValid » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:47 am

DRoberts wrote:Hi.

Can you please explain to me why is Browser State Dependence Important in eValid?

Be as descriptive as possible so I can understand all the terminology.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for asking DRoberts.

Tests of a web server done from the client side -- i.e., from the browser -- simulate user interactions by stimulating the server to produce and deliver various files based on requests made by the client.

This is what happens when, for example, you click on a hypertext link to request that the server deliver you (the browser) a new page.

The server generates the page and sends it to the browser.

In turn, the browser may request additional pages based on what it was just sent. For example, pictures or style sheets or JavaScript files are requested automatically by the browser.

While most simple navigation activity does not involve the browser having to remember anything from moment to moment, almost any activity other than that does require "memory" on the part of the browser. Getting and keeping that information internally is how the browser "maintains state" for your session.

Here are some examples of information the eValid browser keeps for you and how your eValid browser can help manage this information:

* Cookies. These files are written to your disk and store details about your login.

= eValid keeps cookies just as any browser does -- automatically.

If you wish to simulate a non-cookie situation, eValid lets you run without keeping cookies.

* Session Cookies. These files are kept in memory -- they are never written to your disk -- and they also keep track of various details of your session.

= eValid maintains session cookies as requested by the server.

* Local JavaScript Values. As you work with a page locally you generate values that are kept in local JavaScript storage, possibly for use in subsequent pages.

= Because eValid has full JavaScript support it automatically keeps all of your locally generated values.

* Secure Session ID Values. The browser keeps the current value of a session ID that is assigned by the server to help it keep track of who you are -- and to authenticate the actions you
take as correctly connected to the session it is working on.

= eValid handles secure session IDs with the "EnterSecureZone", "ExitSecureZone", and "SecureDataID" command.

You can select as many as 32 Secure Data IDs for eValid to keep track of in any session.

The Bottom Line: Using the eValid browser is a more powerful method of testing than using "memoryless HTTP protocol" testing that cannot maintain state because sessions that involve more work than simple navigation are handled easily and automatically by eValid.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons