Why do machines using eValid run faster and some slower

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

Why do machines using eValid run faster and some slower

Postby RLenli » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:55 am

Hello.

We are using the exact same test script to run our testcases with but, it seems some machines run things very fast, yet other machines (like mine which is a very new laptop) run slower.

Why is that the case that some machines run faster or slower using the same script?
RLenli

Re: Why do machines using eValid run faster and some slower

Postby eValid » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:17 am

RLenli wrote:Hello.

We are using the exact same test script to run our testcases with but, it seems some machines run things very fast, yet other machines (like mine which is a very new laptop) run slower.

Why is that the case that some machines run faster or slower using the same script?

That's a fair question RLenli.

There is a way to make a script run slower, using the wait time multiplier: http://e-valid.com/Products/Documentati ... plier.html

You CAN set the value to zero, in which all of the wait times recorded in the script will be 0 msec.

Fair disclosure: in some cases the wait times are needed for the browser to "settle" after a navigation, so eliminating the wait can cause a script to de-synchronize (i.e., fail).

However, other things being equal the playback time you see on your machine is mostly going to be affected the gross speed of your internet connection.

The faster the connection the fewer intrinsic (server imposed) delays you'll see in the rendering of the web page on your client machine.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons