A Comparison of eValid with the New VS2010 CUIT

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

A Comparison of eValid with the New VS2010 CUIT

Postby 33qvs » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Can you give me a comparison of eValid with the new VS2010 CUIT?
33qvs

Re: A Comparison of eValid with the New VS2010 CUIT

Postby eValid » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:21 am

33qvs wrote:Can you give me a comparison of eValid with the new VS2010 CUIT?

A good question, and we're pleased to answer, but please do appreciate that we are talking from the eValid perspective.

The CUIT system is a powerful programmable and environment-oriented system for driving Windows applications, including but not limited to browser based (i.e. web based) applications. As is the case with any general purpose system the greater the generality, the less specific capability you have.

This point is important because the main difference between the two approaches is mainly one of focus. While CUIT is focused on the Windows desktop, eValid is focused on browser based applications. We like to believe that the focus eValid puts on web browser enabled applications gives it an edge -- a technical edge and a user support edge. A lot of actions that are ordinary and simple in eValid are difficult, or in some cases actually impossible,
in the CUIT environment.

Just a simple example will make this clear. eValid can record, from the GUI, a synchronization step that is necessary in support of AJAX applications, but in CUIT accomplishing that same result requires detailed programming skill.

If you reflect for a moment on eValid's general thrust during the 8+ years of development, you'll appreciate that eValid's goal has been to simplify the user's task, to make doing a difficult job as easy and as non-technical as possible. The thinking is, make eValid easy for the user to get results -- and hide the complexity insofar as possible.

eValid's success has been based on this unique combination of technical capability and ease of use, and our users generally agree with the overall approach we've taken.

The eValid Team
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons