Both Web and Desktop Testing at the Same Time

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

Both Web and Desktop Testing at the Same Time

Postby 27pw » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Can you tell me more about eValid's ability to do both web and desktop testing at the same time. The other open-source solutions all seem to be able to one or the other but not both. Why is eValid differetn?
27pw

Re: Both Web and Desktop Testing at the Same Time

Postby eValid » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:49 am

27pw wrote:Can you tell me more about eValid's ability to do both web and desktop testing at the same time. The other open-source solutions all seem to be able to one or the other but not both. Why is eValid different?

While eValid is mainly a web testing engine -- that is its main purpose! -- there are a lot of applications which do interact with the windows desktop.

eValid would therefore not be a complete test engine if it could ONLY do the web parts of an application. (We know that there are several competing web testing "solutions" but they all suffer by this same deficiency, i.e. not being able to combine web and windows operations).

The eValid system uses Application Mode recording to capture and replay windows operations. During recording you toggle in and out of Application Mode with the F12 key.

Remember, when you are in Application Mode the recording will capture all of your keyboard and mouse activity and the commands used to record these actions are a different set from those within eValid that capture web-browser application events and actions.

The eValid Team
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons