Can eValid scripts call upon one another

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

Can eValid scripts call upon one another

Postby JMcLach » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:26 am

Greetings.

Not sure if my question belongs in the right forum area, but here goes:

Can evalid scripts call one another?

I mean, how can I build up a suite of scripts that are based on primitive scripts so that my "big test" is composed of lots of reusable parts.

Is this even possible?

Thanks
JMcLach

Re: Can eValid scripts call upon one another

Postby eValid » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:23 pm

JMcLach wrote:Greetings.

Not sure if my question belongs in the right forum area, but here goes:

Can evalid scripts call one another?

I mean, how can I build up a suite of scripts that are based on primitive scripts so that my "big test" is composed of lots of reusable parts.

Is this even possible?

Thanks

Thanks for asking.

Good questions, and you do have very much the right goal.

If you have a "small" script then you very much SHOULD reuse it as often as you can.

eValid supports this with a script invocation method, which can be used within a script, just as your regular computer program can invoke (that is call) another one.

The command to use is: CallScript "[PATH]script-name" ["Data-Substitution-Pair [, Data-Substitution-Pair] "]

where you specify the file path for the script to be called and then, optionally, you specify the name and value of any number of assignments to variables in the script you've named.

The CallScript creates a tree and when the called-script finishes control goes back to the caller, etc.

But there is a variation to this:

GoScript "[PATH]script-name" ["Data-Substitution-Pair [, Data-Substitution-Pair] "]

that does NOT keep a call-back sequence. When a GoScript is executed, and it ends, then the script ends the playback.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons