Need help with my Regression recording

How to use eValid to support regression testing.

Need help with my Regression recording

Postby RachelS » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:09 pm

Good Afternoon.

I need some help with the following scenario:

What do I do if my application involves both web pages and some Windows desktop activity?

Thanks
RachelS

Re: Need help with my Regression recording

Postby eValid » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:03 pm

RachelS wrote:Good Afternoon.

I need some help with the following scenario:

What do I do if my application involves both web pages and some Windows desktop activity?

Thanks

Thanks for asking RachelS.

When recording in a browser is not enough, eValid has a special capability to be able to record desktop windows.

This is extremely helpful when the application you are testing is launched from a browser BUT is not embedded in it.

Typical use would involve pop-up windows from the browser but is actually a system window, therefor restricting eValid's normal recording capabilities.

If your website requires interaction with Windows Applications outside of the browser, eValid can easily record it -- with Recording Desktop Windows.

Here's How To Do It:

(1) Start your recording.

(2) As soon as you need to record "Desktop Windows" click on "eValid > Record Mode > Advanced Recording > Record Desktop Window" or simply press "Ctrl + F12" to activate the function.

(3) You will be prompted to select which desktop window to record in.*

(4) Select appropriate desktop window.

Remember: To record a particular window it must already be open when the command is executed or it will not be shown in the list of available desktop windows.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Regression Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons