Give me a overview of the eValid Site Analysis feature

Use and application of eValid's site analysis (site scanning) features.

Give me a overview of the eValid Site Analysis feature

Postby OliverS » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:20 am

Hello.

Can you please provide me with a general description using the site analysis feature of eValid?

Thanks
OliverS

Re: Give me a overview of the eValid Site Analysis feature

Postby eValid » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:02 am

OliverS wrote:Hello.

Can you please provide me with a general description using the site analysis feature of eValid?

Thanks

Thanks for asking for clarifications on the Site Analysis feature OliverS.

eValid's Site Analysis feature is an ideal way to analyze a site for "broken links" on a Website.

What about a site that has pages that are dynamically generated?

This kind of site may present some special problems.

When eValid's Site Analysis engine is spidering the site it makes requests from the server and analyzes what it gets back.

If the eValid requests a page and the dynamic page server produces a "Generic Server Lookup Error" -- a code 12000 error -- then eValid reports this in the "Broken or Unavailable Links" report.

If the eValid requests a page and the dynamic page server produces a "Page Not Found" error -- a code 404 error -- then eValid reports this in the "Broken or Unavailable Links" report.

eValid is operating from the client side of the equation, and if something gets in the way of correct response it will report what it finds.

What Can Be Done About Spurious Unavailable Link Reports?

If you are doing a Site Analysis and you experience variable results when you choose eValid's "Broken or Unavailable Link" filter you can:

*Rerun the analysis and see if the results repeat?

Sometimes a link that appears to be broken at one time is "alive" later on.

*Run the analysis on your LAN -- so that Web performance issues that may exist between your copy of eValid and the machines that generate the pages do not become an issue.

Many times, a link appears to eValid to be broken because the server is overloaded, or the Web is overloaded, or your connection has timed out, etc.

*Make sure the server really IS producing the page correctly.

99% of the time a broken link really is broken when eValid says it really is!

Remember, eValid's analyses are entirely browser based, so the results you see are what your users will see if they browse your site.

Every eValid-detected "broken or unavailable link" is a serious potential problem.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Website Scanning and Analysis

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons